- 1 kg150 Flour
- 350 grs confectionners sugar
- 450 grs Blanched Almond Flour
- 2 lbs Butter (very soft)
- 350 grs Butter
- 4 sheets of Puff pastry
view the Technique >>>
- In the mixing bowl, put together Flour, sugar, Almond flour and 2 lbs butter.
Mix well until forming a smooth mixture
- Spread the dough onto a large sheet tray linen with parchemin paper and bake at 325ºF
this dough in the mixing bowl ,add the remaining 350 grs (melted) and mix until obtention of a dough.
onto a thin layer of puff pastry , and cover with another layer of puff pastry.
Keep refrigerated until needed.
For 20 minutes.
Let cool completely
- Cut the
Tatin dough into 4 ½ inches squares
- Place the square onto a piece of plastic wrapp , Place 2 apple halves in the center
and slowly form a tight ball by twisting the plastic and separating the excess of dough from the ball. Refrigerate until
WHEN READY TO BAKE
- Cut the base of the ball using a pair of scisors and place the wrapped apple onto a baking sheet.
(very important make sure that the
ball remain sealed with dough preventing the lick of the apple syrup- Bake
at 325ºF for about 20 minutes.